- August 11 1999:
- Started the Java Pages.
- The FOTW is on hiatus again because I'm so busy...
- May 19 1999:
- End of months of hiatus caused by my being very busy with studies and so forth.
- The FOTW is being updated once again.
- New FOTW with a special dedication. Check it out!
- Nov. 18 1998:
Major site overhaul and new sections added!
- Linked Amnesty International wherever I have already linked
the Blue Ribbon Campaign.
- Added Carleton University Lunacy and
Incompetence, a page describing lunacy, incompetence, and
borderline ripoffs and money-grubbing scams at the university where I currently study.
- Added Making the World a Better
Place, where I share on the Net my ideas on how we can make
the world a batter place, and opinions on what needs changing.
- New FOTW, as is normal for Wednesdays.
- Nov. 16 1998:
- Nov. 11 1998:
- New FOTW, as usual every Wednesday.
- Nov. 9 1998:
- Nov. 5 1998:
- Oh, Microsoft has really screwed things up now. This one
has to be seen to be believed. Read all
- Nov. 4 1998:
- As usual on Wednesdays, a new FOTW.
BONUS THIS WEEK: Two related images, instead of just one!
- Cosmetic improvements to FOTW page, and added links
between framed and non-framed versions.
- Cosmetic improvements to Microsoft
Rants and Crash Anecdotes page, and added links between
framed and non-framed versions.
- Added META tags to the Microsoft Rants page, FOTW page, Fractal Gallery, Quake page, and Mandelbrot Guide and submitted them all
to search engines.
- Nov. 3 1998:
- Oct. 29 1998:
- Globalserve's web
server ate iecrazy1.gif the other
day. Just noticed that and re-uploaded it. Sorry for the
- New crash anecdote.
- Fixed a couple typos I just discovered on the Microsoft
Rants and Crash Anecdotes page. Also changed some
references to "Outlook Express" to say "Outlook Exploder".
Fixed a broken link.
- Oct. 28 1998:
- As usual on Wednesdays, there's a new FOTW (the fourth).
- New Microsoft software crash anecdotes.
- Released my first Quake 2 map, twcitydm2.bsp, called "Twisted's House".
It is a deathmatch map for 4-32 players. Look for it at
cdrom.com or download it directly
here. Find out more on my Quake page, which has been updated.
- Did a major revision of my links
page. Added lots of new stuff and grouped the links by
category. And I got rid of that godawful background! It
was hard to read before.
- Minor cosmetic changes and typo/grammar corrections on a
few pages, notably this page, the Microsoft Rants page, the FOTW page, and the links
page. Also fixed a broken link on this page and made
cosmetic changes to the sources for some pages.
- Oct. 7 1998:
- Oct. 2 1998:
- Globalserve's web server was down for almost 72 hours. Now it's finally
back up. After this and the recent DNS and password database
problems, I am starting to wonder if my $250 or so would have been
better spent someplace else.
- Have swatted some page bugs: many of the blue ribbons would, when clicked
from a frame enabled page, leave a user stuck in my frames. Fixed now.
- Have added new Quake links to the links page.
- Continued frustration with everything Microsoft has led me to put up a web
page in their dishonor: Microsoft Rants and Crash Anecdotes.
Also added some Upgrade
- Sept. 30 1998:
- Attention Fractal Lovers!: New feature on the Fractal Gallery. High resolution Fractal of
the Week, every Wednesday, with Fractint par file archiving all
FOTW parameters forever. (And yet another cool visitor counter
- Sometime in late September:
- Updated the DOOM addon The
Devil's Fury's text file to reflect my permanent email address
at usa.net and my permanent WWW
address, and uploaded the whole kit & kaboodle to cdrom.com,
something I should have done a long time ago.
- Sometime in early September:
- Because Sympatico was making billing errors I
have moved to GlobalServe.
- Because this damned page moves too damn much, I have also set up a
"surf.to" address that ought to be permanent. You can all relax
and set your bookmarks now. ;-)
- I now have FIFTEEN MEGABYTES OF EMPTY WEBSPACE to be filled. Expect more
fractals and maybe a new formula soon in the fractal gallery. Expect Quake and Quake 2
stuff coming soon.
- I have a new kitten named Blue. He's adorable :) Pics coming ...
- The frames-enabled toolbar searcher has been re-aimed at
and the other search things removed. Why? OpenText suddenly
started only indexing into corporate-related sites for some reason
unfathomable to the sane and rational mind. HotBot pages may be
slow to load for modem users due to serious graphics-encrusting, but right
now it is the best searcher out there.
- Hotmail provides sucky service and my address there somehow became
a major spam target, so it is now defunct. Mail there won't bounce
but I won't see it either. Use the new usa.net address instead.